French Dressing Recipe for this Salad Season!

We're in the heart of salad season and one of my favorite dressings ever is Kraft French Dressing.  You know the one, the bright orange dressing, usually sitting next to it's sweeter version, Catalina, on the grocer's shelf.  A food fetish of mine is to top a green salad with shredded sharp cheddar cheese and serve with this dressing.  There's just something about the combination that's a little "pickles and ice cream" can't explain it, I just love it kinda thing.

But I'm finding the bottled version harder to find in the grocery stores where I shop, which led me search the internet for a version I can make at home.  BOY am I glad I did!  This recipe from the blog www.LisaGCooks.com is fantastic!  Better than the bottled (which is often the case when making homemade salad dressing).

And the best thing about it:  There's nothing to chop or mince, and it uses staples I've always got sitting around the house.  I'll probably never buy it bottled again!

Copycat Kraft French Dressing

Ingredients:


1/4 Cup mayonnaise

1/4 Cup ketchup 

1/4 Cup light oil, vegetable or canola

2 tbsp white vinegar 

1 tbsp sugar 

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp onion powder 

1/4 tsp pepper 

Instructions:

Combine all the ingredients together and mix well. 

I mix my homemade dressing in mason jars using these great lids I found on Amazon.  They come in a two-pack and have been beyond handy to keep around.  I highly recommend them! 


And to be sure I sufficiently credit the original recipe creator, here's a link to this recipe's page on Lisa's blog:  https://lisagcooks.com/copycat-kraft-french-dressing/


Comments

Popular Posts