Sunday, October 23, 2011

Choppin Broccoli!

The summer crop is still hanging in there, but with nighttime temps now dipping down to the mid 40's, I'm not sure how many more weeks I'll be able to stretch it.


For now, I'm enjoying the last of the tomatoes and squash.


The real excitement in the garden is coming from the fall crop I planted mid-August.  Look at these beautiful cabbage plants.



I've only got 3.  I wish I had triple that, but the August garden doesn't allow for much new space.  I might have to work on that next year.

I've got about 10 broccoli plants, and every single one of them is looking spectacular!



I'm probably another 30 days from eating broccoli, but I'll be cutting the first cabbage head for minnestrone soup next weekend for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment